Diabetes: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Prevention & Treatment
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes is a group of metabolic diseases where a person has a high blood glucose (blood sugar), either because the pancreas cannot secrete enough insulin, or because the body’s cells do not respond properly to insulin, or both. Therefore, diabetes is the presence of high sugar level in the body which comes from the diets we consume.
This high sugar level does not allow the pancreas to secrete enough insulin and this high sugar level renders the body cells to be resistant to insulin. When this happens the blood sugar cannot easily get stored in the cells leading to serious case of diabetes.
Facts About Diabetes
Diabetes otherwise called Diabetes Mellitus (DM) in medical terms is one of the popular and common health problems. Some years ago, diabetes was not so dominant as it is in the present world, this was as a result of those natural foods that they fed on, but in our present world, we are feeding on western diets which contains high sugar content. So, it is believed that as the world gets more developed from the feeding on native diets to the commercial foods, the rate of diabetes also increases.
Although, up till date the cure for diabetes has not been discovered. It doesn’t necessarily mean that if you have diabetes you can’t device medical or natural ways to do away with it, but the question still remains will you still continue on sugar intake? Because looking into what we eat daily, almost all of the food contains sugar. Therefore, our ability to give a lighter hand on these foods will help us from contacting diabetes. As a means of diabetes prevention, it is advisable to feed more on natural diets mostly fruits, as they contain little or low amount of sugar which is good for the body.
Reports show that in India alone, up to about 62,000,000 (sixty-two million) diabetic case have been reported so far and it has been estimated to rise to 100,000,000 (one hundred million) by 2030. There is therefore need to prevent diabetes and its complications in those who are already diabetic.
Types; Causes and Symptoms Of Diabetes
Type 2 Diabetes: This type of diabetes affects the way which the body processes blood sugar caused by obesity, imbalanced diets, genetics, insulin resistance.
- Frequent urination
- Blurred vision
- Itches on the skin
Type 1 Diabetes: In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas produces little or no insulin. It is caused by lack of exercise and overweight. Its symptoms are the same as type 2 diabetes.
Gestational Diabetes: As the name implies, it affects pregnant women because of high blood sugar. it is caused by insulin-blocking hormones that is produced when a woman gets pregnant. Frequent blood sugar test should be carried out to diagnose gestational diabetes
Pre-Diabetes: This is the initial stage of diabetes when the blood sugar begins to rise before it turns to type 2 diabetes. There are no clear symptoms
Another symptom of diabetes is constipation.
Natural Ways to Prevent Diabetes
- Use of Fig Leaves: Fig leave contains anti diabetic properties. Boil the leaves until the water changes colours and drink daily as tea.
- Use of Fenugreek: Taking 90 grams of fenugreek daily can help to prevent diabetes. You can take up to 30 grams per meal and do not take it alongside with medically made drugs. Pregnant women should consult the doctor before taking it.
- Use of Black Seed: Black seed is another natural product that helps in the cure of diabetes and many other diseases. It can also reduce pancreatic cancer to the minimum.
Steps for Use
- Take 6 teaspoon of the oil daily for 7 days
- After that start taking it four times daily, two in the morning and two in the evening
- Repeat the process for another two days.
- Drink plentiful of water
- Always rub the oil for like 10 days and mix with fruit juice
- Use of Cinnamon: Cinnamon has been known to be another good treatment for diabetes, it reduces LDL cholesterol and triglycerides levels in the body, cinnamon maximizes the level of insulin. Take ½ teaspoon a day.
- Grape Seed Extract: Taking 3 capsules of grape seed daily helps in treatig diabetes.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil helps in reducing cholesterol levels which can prevent diabetes. Take ¼ cup of olive oil you can mix with one tablespoon of lecithin.
- Eat Fruits that contain Vitamin C: Vitamin c helps in normalizing sugar levels. Take 100-600mg of Vitamin C daily.
10 Fruits That Help to Prevent Diabetes
- Apples: Eating fresh apples with their bark provides relief for diabetes. According to the American journal for clinical nutrition, apples help to prevent type- 2 diabetes
- Avocado Pear: This also helps to bring diabetes to the minimal, you can also make a concoction with its seed. Slice the seed into smaller bits add water and boil until the water turn brown and drink every morning and evening and expect a positive result.
- Guava: Guava contains low glycemic index, it contains high level of fiber which helps in preventing diabetes and can also lower type – 2 diabetes.
- Strawberry: This strawberry just like guava has low glycemic index which when taken is released as glucose into the blood steam which enhance immunity and gives the body the ability to fight disease as well as weight loss. Obesity causes type 2 diabetes.
- Grapes: Grape contains a phytochemical called RESVERATROL which helps to balance the level of glucose in the blood by enhancing the rate of insulin secretion in the body as well as the rate by which the body uses insulin.
- Blueberry: The blue pigment in this wonderful fruit called anthocyanins helps to lower the risk of diabetes.
- Watermelon: This appealing fruit contains potassium which helps in proper kidney functioning. It also helps to protect the kidney from being damaged during frequent urinating by a diabetic patient it also protects nerve damaging caused by diabetes.
- Orange: Oranges as well as citrus contain phenolic acid, flavonols as well as flavanone. It helps in glucose metabolism, they help in inhibiting the transport of glucose through the liver and the intestine.
- Papaya: This is another appealing fruit good in diabetes because of the natural antioxidant. It helps in protecting the nerves as well as the heart from being damaged by irregular blood sugar levels.
- Pomegranates: These fruits contain antioxidants which helps to protect the body from free-radicals caused by diabetes.
Things to Note Before consuming fruits especially to help your diabetic status
- Ensure that the fruit is fresh and has a natural yield, avoid fruits that have been ripened by a chemical process or cultivated by chemical processes.
- Eat fruits that have low glycemic index (glycemic index is the level of carbohydrate in foods and their effect in the glucose level in the blood) therefore to balance the glycemic level combine your fruits with nuts such as tiger nuts and other natural nuts and olives.
- Fruits juice do not contain fibre which helps in reducing the sugar level in blood therefore it is advisable not to consume such juice instead feed on the main fruit itself, fruit juice and fruit do not have the same nutrient.
- Avoid eating cooked or boiled fruits.
- Eat fruits in moderation.
Please refer to the supplement recommended for diabetes on this page above. This supplement is very effective in the management and treatment of diabetes.
Best combination is Propolis-Lecithin Capsules +
Please always consult your doctor before taking any supplement.Tags: Diabetes, Diabetes Prevention