Prostate Cancer: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment & Natural Ways of Prevention
Prostate Cancer is one of the common types of cancer in men that can be treatable in the early stage.
This cancer occurs in the prostate gland; a prostate gland is a small walnut- shaped organ in men that helps in the nourishment and transportation of sperm.
However, in most cases prostate cancer in men can be as a result of traits or family history.
At the initial period, there is an abnormal growth of cells that is confined to the prostate gland which may not be harmful and at this early stage minimal steps can be taken to get rid of it. This condition is called Prostate enlargement.
However, the factors that trigger the risk of prostate depends on how long it has stayed in the body which can result in other forms of health problems as well as tumors.
If the cells from the developed tumor breaks off into the bloodstream, as the blood flows in the body it can settle on any convenient part and begin to develop a new tumor.
The process where a tumor breaks off into the blood steam and settle on another part of the body to develop a new tumor is called METASTASIS and the newly developed tumor is called METASTASES.
Causes and Factors that Trigger the Risk of Prostate Cancer
- Age: Among all the factors that increase the risk of prostate cancer, age is the highest factor. As one increases in age with the growth of the abnormal cells, the prostate gland tends to increase leading to high level of risk.
- Height: Men who are tall are more likely to face an increased risk.
- Genetic Factor: Genes contribute to ones risk of developing prostate enlargement/cancer, a linage that develops cancer such as breast cancer, cervical cancer etc. increase the risk of developing prostate cancer in the new generation.
- Obesity: Too much fat in the body increases the risk too.
- Diets: Consistent intake of diets with high content of calcium increase the risk of prostate cancer. Also foods with high fat content, red meats increases the risk.
- Race: People in the Caribbean region suffer from prostate cancer more than those in Asia, Africa and South America.
- Smoking: Smokers face a higher risk of prostate cancer and even after diagnosis there is a poor response to prognosis.
Symptoms of Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer does not really have any noticeable symptoms. It is usually detected during medical diagnosis like blood screening or during the surgical operation on benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Moreover the following symptoms are as a result of its extension to other organs
- Incontinence: This is the inability of the bladder to function properly causing indiscriminate urinating.
- Difficulty while urinating
- Pains in the urethra while urinating
- Erectile dysfunction: Here the nerves of the patient which causes erection of the penis do not function properly leading to poor erection or no erection.
- Pains on the spine or pelvis
- Patient experiences pains during ejaculation
- Patient may also experience pains or stiffness on the hips, back and thighs
- Blood accompanied with the urine or semen.
- It leads to frequent urinating
- It may lead to kidney failure.
Complications of Prostate Cancer and Treatment
- Prostate cancer leads to erectile dysfunction, this can be treated by surgical operation, radiation, taking anti-cancerous medications and using vacuum devices which helps in erectile dysfunction. You can treat prostate enlargement/cancer by using Natural Chinese Herbs present in Wuqing Men Health Care Pad
- It also leads to the development of cancer in other organs of the body. Therefore at the early stage, preventive steps are necessary to avoid it. Since prostate cancer develops in the prostate gland, it can spread to nearby organs like the bladder, or travel to the bones by the lymphatic system. At this stage there may be little or no cure but preventive steps can still be taken to sustain the patient.
- In the process of treating prostate cancer it can result in incontinence. It can still be treated by medications and surgical operation.
Over 100 (one hundred) thousand cases of prostate cancer is reported yearly.
5 (Five) Natural Ways Of Preventing Prostate Cancer
Fruits: Eating fruits with high calcium does not really help in preventing prostate cancer. Fruits with low glycemic index and fruits that contains lycopene help to reduce sugar level in the blood and reduces the risk of prostate cancer. Example of such fruits are strawberry, tomatoes, grapefruit and water melon.
Diets: People that consume diets with highly saturated fat content develop high risk of prostate cancer. Eating diets that contains enough vegetables as well as fibres help to reduce the risk of prostate cancer. Studies have also shown that eating diets with high content of vitamin E, selenium, broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprout and bok choy also play a vital part in lowering the risk of prostate cancer.
Moreover, your meals should contain omega- 3 fatty acids because of their high blood levels. The sources of omega 3 fatty acids are cold water fishes such as tuna, salmon, herring and sardine
Green Tea: Green tea contains catechins and epigallocatechin-3 gallate (EGCG) which help in inhibiting the growth of cancerous cells. Study shows that green tea was able to prevent prostate cancer by 90%. For a positive result, take 200 milligram of green tea three times daily to test this fact.
Green tea also contains polyphenols which acts as a therapy. It helps to reduce the PSA and tumor promoters such as the vascular endothelial growth factor.
Soy Isoflavones: Soy isoflavone inhibits prostate tumor growth by acting directly against cell that causes tumors and acts indirectly against tumor neovasculature (growth of new blood cells). The three iso flavone contents in soy foods the genistein, the daidzein and the equol offers protective effects against prostate cancer.
Flax Seeds: Flax seeds contains high level of lignans as well as essential fatty acids that help to enhance the health of the prostate gland. The lignans in flax seeds reduces the proliferation as well as the growth of prostate cancer cells. Flax seeds are like supplements in our diets.
Treatment of Prostate Cancer
You can treat Prostate Problems by using Natural Herbs present in Norland Prostate Remedy Pack
Tags: Cancer, Causes of Prostate Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Prostate Enlargement, Symptoms of Prostate Cancer, Types of Cancer